The Business Systems Analyst reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business applications and user needs. Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies including encoding, testing, debugging utilizing Agile Project Management methodology.
1. Develops and writes user stories that directly support the primary objective of the project and are appropriate size for iterative development.
2. Facilitates regular meetings with project team, sponsors, and stakeholders. Solicit stakeholder feedback to validate priorities.
3. Develops and writes test cases. Conducts manual testing of new enhancements and defects. Coordinates testing across departments.
4. Performs regression testing and create automation of repetitive test cases and/or regression tests.
5. Collaborates with the team on Sprint Planning and assist with planning to accomplish items from backlog.
6. Manage backlog by creating a prioritized list, product backlog, and assists the team in breaking down the pieces into smaller, more manageable pieces and build it incrementally.
7. Provides metrics to team and stakeholder to bring visibility on progress.
8. Participates in the QA process by developing clear, specific, and testable acceptance criteria. Participates in backlog management and maintain an emphasis on user experience and specifications. Along with participating in daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
9. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical discipline or 1-3 years of business analyst/testing experience and/or managing projects.
Background & Expertise: One (1) to three (3) years of business analyst experience. One (1) to two (2) years proven experience with writing test cases and executing/coordinating testing. Strong understanding of Project Management Life Cycle. Understanding of relational database concepts and structures, structured system analysis and design methods. Scrum Agile project management experience preferred.
Applicable Experience: Knowledge of clinical environment.
Computer Literacy: Intermediate to advanced level competence with MS office and database software. Experience with Salesforce.com is preferred.